When we started our shop we always wanted to find a way to give back and help those in need. As we are nurses, when I came across Playtime 4 Patients, we immediately fell in love with the cause. We spoke to one of the founders to find out more about the organization to make sure it was as awesome as it seemed and it turns out it was even better.
Playtime 4 Patients, formally known as Pops! for Patients, is a charitable cause organized in Knoxville, TN in 2016 that brings joy to children in hospitals by donating Funko Pops! to them. They have several chapters nationwide and we are happy to be partnering with them to become the headquarters of the Ohio chapter. You can find the founding chapter at playtime4patients.org
There are a few ways you can help out:
- Send toys and Pops! that meet the guidelines to us so and we will get them into the right hands at the hospital to get them to the children. We can also schedule for drop off or pickup for certain areas
- Contribute by participating in events we hold through Buckeye Pop Shop, events held by other affiliates of Playtime 4 Patients, or events held by Playtime 4 Patients themselves. Any money raised during these events will go towards buying pops for the kids at the hospitals.
- In the future, we will stock some Funko Pops! for purchase at our cost here on the site that will go directly to the kids once they are purchased. We will price them at our wholesale cost to assure that they are affordable and that everything contributed goes solely to the children.
The toys donated or purchased for donation will go to Dayton Children's Hospital and Cincinnati Children's Hospital. If we have a surplus of donations, we can certainly reach out to other Children's hospitals within Ohio. If an item is purchased for donation, a picture of what is going to be donated will be sent to the donor. If money is raised through events our shop holds, we will post on social media for you to see what your contributions were able to accomplish.
Child friendly Pop! toys are accepted and preferered. Popular lines could include things like Marvel, DC, Disney, Star Wars, Video Games, Anime, Sports, and WWE.
We know there are many different toys out there that could be donated but sticking with the founding chapter, we will be sticking to Funko products.
The toys donated must meet the following guidelines set forth by Playtime 4 Patients, Dayton Children's Hospital, and Cincinnati Children's Hospital:
- Nothing violent, bloody, or sexual is allowed
- Items must be new and in box (This includes being odor or stain free). Out of box items can pose threats to immunocompromised children.
- No religious or political themed items.
- No gift wrapping of items.
63 Seymour Ave PO Box 1173
Buckeye Lake, OH 43008
If you have any questions regarding a donation or the Ohio chapter, please contact us via our customer support email or our social media linked to the site. If you have any questions about the cause itself, feel free to visit the website at playtime4patients.org, check out their social media, or contact them via their email.